Why should you digitally sign your documents?
Placing a digital signature on a document or email proves the information originated with the signer and that the document has not been altered, all while replacing tedious, paper-based processes.
Authenticity -the digital signature helps to verify and assure that the signer (such as the document author or the email sender) is who he or she claims to be
Integrity - the digital signature helps to assure that the content of the document or email has not been changed or tampered with since it was digitally signed
Non-repudiation - the digital signature helps to prove to all parties the origin of the signed content
Benefits of Digitally Signing Microsoft Office Documents
- Enable secure electronic document workflows
- Ensure document integrity and authorship
- Save time and resources by replacing paper-based workflows
- Meet compliance requirements associated with electronic workflows
Benefits of Digitally Signing Microsoft Outlook Emails
- Authenticate email sender
- Ensure integrity of email contents
- Provide visual “seal” to distinguish signed emails from phishing attacks